Wheel Diameter And Quality
The wheel diameter is an important measurement when it comes to three-wheel walkers.
The smallest wheel diameter can be found on the DMI 3-Wheel Rollator Walker. As for the largest wheel diameter, that comes in at 8 inches and can be found on such products like the Medline 3-Wheel Ultralight Rollator and the EasyComforts Foldable 3 Wheel Rollator Walker.
Vive Mobility 3 Wheel Walker
- EASILY NAVIGATE IN SMALL SPACES: Providing stable support, the tri-rollator is compact and lightweight for use at home or on the go. The three-wheel rollator features a front swivel wheel for greater maneuverability in tight spaces, crowded areas, narrow hallways and more. The 7.5 wheels are ideal for navigating both indoors and out on moderately smooth surfaces.
- FOLDABLE DESIGN: Quickly collapsing for transporting in a vehicle or for convenient storage, the tri-rollator neatly folds in half. The compact rollator is also freestanding when folded for positioning beside a chair or sofa.
- LIGHTWEIGHT ADJUSTABLE FRAME: Constructed with durable aluminum, the Vive Mobility tri-rollator is exceptionally lightweight and supports up to 250 pounds. Easy to assemble with no tools required, the compact rollator handlebars are also height adjustable for personal comfort.
- ACCESSORY BAG: Included accessory bag holds drinks, snacks, glasses and essential items in a secure pouch. The stylish grey rollator bag easily snaps on to the frame and is removable for cleaning and long-term storage.
- FAST SHIPPING & LIFETIME GUARANTEE: We stand by this tri-rollator’s durability and longevity, which is why we offer a lifetime guarantee. Buy now with confidence..
Easy Reliable Locking Brakes
Possibly the most critical part of any rollator is the braking system. You want brakes that are first and foremost reliable so you know you can count on them in any situation. Secondly you want brakes that are easy to use even if you dont have a lot of strength in your hands. And finally you want brakes that can be locked so you can lean on the tri walker without worrying about it shooting out from under you.
Read Also: What Is The Easiest Laptop For Seniors
Other Types Of Walkers
There are a variety of other walkers, including:
- Folding walker – Standard walker with 4 legs and no wheels.
- Front wheel walker – Standard walker with two wheels and two legs/skis.
- Rollator walker – 4 wheels, bag/basket, seat and hand brakes.
- Knee walker – Wheeled specialized walker for seniors with leg/foot surgery or fracture.
- U-Step walker – Specialized wheeled walker designed for elderly with neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease.
Free Standard Shipping On Orders Over $39
Free Standard Shipping with any online purchase of $39 excluding gift cards and store pick up items . Truck delivery and shipping surcharges on over-sized or extremely heavy items will still apply . Products qualifying for Free Shipping will be identified with “Standard â freeâ. If you select a shipping method other than Standard, shipping charges will apply.
Most of our marketplace items receive free standard shipping . Oversize charges may apply. Oversize charges are set by marketplace sellers.
All marketplace items are returnable directly to the seller, either through a pre-paid shipping label sent in your package, or upon request by the âContact Sellerâ button in your order details or confirmation email. Marketplace items follow our return policy guidelines when determining eligibility. At this time, marketplace items cannot be returned in stores. Should you need assistance please go to your My Account page where you can contact the seller directly. For more information see shipping and returns policy.
Read Also: Car Insurance For Seniors Over 60
How To Pick The Best 3 Wheel Walker
There are many factors that go into picking the best three-wheel walker. You should consider your own height and the corresponding handle adjustability. You should also consider the wheel and what terrain you may encounter. Finally, think about your purpose and how much storage on the walker you will need.
Exclusive To Ability Superstore
TheKingfisher Three Wheel Rollator with Bag is an exclusive mobility aid to Ability Superstore and comes in a stylish blue.
The Kingfisher is easy to manoeuvre and suitable for use on all terrains. It makes an excellent mobility aid for getting out and about and can help make your everyday activities easier and stress-free.
You can browse the entire range of tri walkers on this page, and if you would like some more information, our guide on How To Buy A Rollator can help you decide whether a three-wheeled rollator is the right choice for you. If you have any questions about any of our tri walkers, you can also contact our customer service team, who will be more than happy to help.
You May Like: Temporary Assisted Living For Seniors
Best For Travel: Able Life Space Saver Walker
Folds all the way down to 6 in diameter
Weighs less than 8 lbs.
Front wheels only make it extra stable
No seating option
Wheels dont rotate 360 degrees
According to its description, the Able Life Space Saver Walker is said to be the worlds smallest folding walker perfectly designed for stress free travel and storage. By simply lifting a tab with your finger, this walker folds into a six-inch diameter in secondsmuch like an umbrellaand can be stashed away in your car or overhead plane compartment. At only eight pounds, this walker is extremely lightweight for easy loading and unloading, but it can also support up to 400 pounds of weight. With a 19-inch base, it can fit through tight spaces and its two fixed six-inch front wheels help you to glide across all different types of surfaces. The stability and reliability of the Able Life Space Saver Walker makes it a welcomed friend during any travel experience.
Price at time of publication: $99
Folding: Yes | Added Features: None | Weight: Up to 400 lbs.
Why You Should Get A 3 Wheel Walker
Three Wheel Walker are a great way to get around, especially if you have trouble walking or balance issues. They are much easier to maneuver than a traditional walker, and they can help you move around more confidently. Three Wheel Walker also offer more stability than regular walkers, making them a great choice for those with balance issues.
In addition, Three Wheel Walker are less likely to tip over, making them a safer option for those who are at risk of falling. Overall, Three Wheel Walker are a great option for anyone who has trouble walking or balancing. They offer many benefits that regular walkers do not, and they can help you move around more confidently and safely.
You May Like: California State Park Pass For Seniors
What Amenities Should Your Walker Have
They provide comfy seats and backrests for breaks while you’re strolling the neighborhood, as well as increased stability and safety. Our advice? Be sure to investigate the differences in wheel sizes and materials. Larger wheels work best on uneven terrain, and rubber tires can make skids less likely.
Do they have easy-to-use hand brakes that lock? You’ll also want to look at how easily they fold and store, how much weight can they accommodate, and specifics like seat width and height adjustability.
Oasisspace 3 Wheel Walker
- OasisSpace 3 Wheel Walker- Lightweight Three Wheels Walker with Large Storage Bag,Folding Tri-Rollator Walker with Three Wheels
- NARROW FRIENDLY- Three wheels rollator navigating in crowded areas, narrow passageways and door frames and quickly folds for storage and transport. Easy to assemble, the strong aluminum frame features adjustable handlebars and dual brakes for added stability when maneuvering up or down inclines and secure parking.
- GOOD IDEAL FOR WALKING- The three wheel rollator features a front swivel wheel for greater maneuverability in tight spaces, crowded areas, narrow hallways and more. The 10 INCH wheels are ideal for navigating both indoors and out on moderately smooth surfaces.
- SPACIOUS STORAGE POUCH – This 3 wheel walker also includes a removable bag for keeping daily necessities close at hand.The shopping bag holds drinks, snacks, glasses and essential items in a secure pouch. The stylish grey rollator bag easily snaps on to the frame and is removable for cleaning and long-term storage.
- FOLDABLE DESIGN – Quickly collapsing for transporting in a vehicle or for convenient storage, the tri-rollator neatly folds in half. The compact rollator is also freestanding when folded for positioning beside a chair or sofa.
Recommended Reading: Medical Alert Necklace For Seniors
Why Choose A 3
While four wheel walkers are by far the most popular products on the market, their three wheel counterparts are much more maneuverable and significantly lighter. This makes them perfect for people who just need a little helping hand getting around and dont need the full support that four wheels provides.
These are often the perfect stepping stone for someone who needs more assistance than a cane provides but doesnt yet want to commit to a heavy four wheel rollator.
Typically weighing between 11 and 16 pounds they are light enough for most people well into their 90s to lift in and out of a car. And this folding walker down small enough to fit snugly on the backseat of a Mini Cooper.
With a tighter turn radius than a 4-wheeler they are particularly good indoors or in crowded outdoor areas like shopping malls where you need to be able to change directions quickly.
Key Features To Focus On
To help you home in on a few key features on the best walker, we asked Megan Wilson, PT, DPT, ATP, a physical therapist and certified assistive technology practitioner at St. Jude Medical Center, Centers for Rehabilitation, for her expert input on what to look for in a walker.
Heres what she says:
- Adjustability. Look for adjustability in the height of the handles for appropriate fit and support. A 6-foot-2-inch older adult would not use the same height walker as a 5-foot person, Wilson says.
- Appropriate stability. If you need a lot of support, a front-wheeled walker is needed, Wilson says. But if youre looking for something that will help your endurance and provide a seat to sit on, a four-wheeled walker or rollator with a seat is ideal.
- Weight rating. Most walkers are rated up to use for 300 pounds. For people with more weight, Wilson says to consider a bariatric model.
We also considered pricing when creating this list.
Don’t Miss: Senior Apartments For Rent Indianapolis
Best Walker For Older Adults Traveling Long Distances
- not being accessible at all times
The researchers also discovered that many older adults lacked knowledge about fall prevention and proper use of a walker. Thats why education is so critical to improving the use of walkers.
If you or a loved one are having difficulty with the idea of using a walker, Wilson says the first thing to focus on is safety. A walker will keep you more mobile for longer, and it can help prevent falls and injury, she says.
Another benefit is that many walkers have seats in them, which provides access to places you may have avoided in the past.
Malls, movie theaters, shopping, family events, or sports arenas/fields are accessible with more support as well as a mobile seat, Wilson says.
Walkers also give you more independent access to home and community, so youre not holding on to someone for balance.
Finally, most insurance providers will pay for a walker with a prescription, which Wilson says reduces the out-of-pocket cost.
Healthline Rollator Walker Aluminum 3 Wheel For Seniors
HEALTHLINE ROLLATOR WALKER This lightweight, foldable three-wheel walker is perfect for seniors on the go. Its easy to maneuver and features a basket tray and pouch for your essentials, plus brakes for safety.
- NARROW WALKER FOR SMALL SPACES The Healthline Rollator Walker is designed with narrow walkers in mind. It fits through tight spaces with ease, making it perfect for travel or everyday use.
- EASY TO MANEUVER The Healthline Rollator Walker is easy to control, thanks to its three wheels and brakes. It provides stability and support when you need it most, making it the perfect choice for seniors who want to stay active and
Don’t Miss: Best Medical Alert Devices For Seniors
Best Foldable: Drive Medical Drive Medical Deluxe Two Button Folding Walker
Courtesy of Amazon
This walker from Drive Medical is great when youre not sure what type of walker you need. It comes with two five-inch wheels for easy movement on most surfaces. Made from aluminum, this frame is lightweight, durable, and easily adjustable.
On top of being able to support 350 pounds, this walker offers ergonomic hand grips to make operation easy. And when the day is done, you can just push down the two-button release mechanismwhich is specially made for those with limited dexteritywith the palm or side of your hand to then quickly fold it for nice, easy storage.
Price at time of publication: $42
Folding: Yes | Added Features: None | Weight: Up to 350 lbs.
Best Budget: Lumex Walkabout Lite Rollator
Lightweight less than 15 lbs.
Doesnt fold up easily
Brakes are hard to use for people with grip issues
This walker may not have all the fancy features that others do, but it does what it needs to do for a reasonable price. The Lumex Walkabout Lite Rollator lightweight aluminum frame makes for easy movement, while its 14-inch cushioned seat, padded back bar, and ergonomic adjustable hand grips add to its robustness. It also comes with a storage basket, easy to use brakes, and safety lock to help users avoid tripping. And when its time to pack it all in after a nice walk with the help of four six-inch wheels, you can easily fold up the rollator. Despite its basic features, this walker from Lumex is an excellent option for seniors looking for an affordable walker.
Folding: Yes | Added Features: Ergonomic hand grips, padded back bar, under-seat storage basket | Weight: Up to 300 lbs.
Don’t Miss: Unsigned Senior Basketball Showcase 2022
Best Overall: Medline Premium Empower Rollator Walker
Wide memory foam seat that folds for standing use
Height adjustable from 411 to 64
Lots of extra features can be confusing for seniors
Four wheels make it less stable than traditional walkers
What do buyers say? 86% of 1,900+ Amazon reviewers rated this product 4 stars or above.
We chose the Medline Premium Empower Rollator Walker as our top pick because it’s packed with unique features and is comfortable to use. Features include a cup holder for your drinks when youre on the go, an extra-wide memory foam seat, cushioned backrest, and a removable seat storage bag. The memory foam seat, backrest, and handles all have antimicrobial technology to protect against bacteria, mold, and mildew buildup, which are known to cause unpleasant stains and odors. These features make this walker an especially great option for seniors with weaker immune systems. When you cant move anymore, the Medline Premium Empower Rollator Walker is there to carry you forward with its 8-inch wheels made for enhanced mobility.
Price at time of publication: $200
Folding: Yes | Added Features: Cup holder, removable storage bag, tray organizer | Weight: Up to 300 lbs.
What The Experts Say
You want to make sure the walker supports your weight appropriately, advises Dr. Kuhn, who adds that a walker poses a fall risk if it isnt strong enough to support your weight. Many traditional walkers are rated for 350 pounds, but they do also have bariatric or heavy duty walkers available as well.
Also Check: Ca State Park Senior Pass
What Is The Best 3 Wheel Walkers For Seniors
I’m sorry if I’ve confused you. My sympathies go out to you! Even yet, it is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. If youâre still unsure which type of best 3 wheel walkers for seniors is best for you, I recommend comparing the characteristics and functionalities of the best 3 wheel walkers for seniors listed above. Each has advantages and disadvantages.
Best Lightweight: Hugo Mobility Explore Side
Side-folding mechanism makes storage easy
Lightweight for travel only 15 pounds
Wheels are not overly durable for outdoor use
Not adjustable enough for tall users
This lightweight walker from Hugo is the ideal friend to carry on the go because it wont bog you down. Although just 15.4 pounds, the Hugo Mobility Explore Side-Fold Rollator Walker manages to pack a lot of features without adding too much extra weight. It comes with a padded built-in seat, contoured backrest, and underseat storage. Its ergonomic, comforting hand grips create easy access to brakes and the height adjustable handle bars help you maintain proper posture. With four eight-inch wheels and a weight capacity of 300 pounds, this walker is designed to support without letting or weighing you down.
Price at time of publication: $347
Folding: Yes | Added Features: Padded seat, contoured backrest, storage basket | Weight: Up to 250 lbs.
Read Also: Best Stationary Bike For Seniors
Drive Medical Winnie Lite Supreme Three Wheel Rollator
Manufactured by Drive Medical, this three-wheel walker rollator has adjustable brakes and handles. It has 7.5-inch wheels with soft grip tires for indoor and outdoor use and has a 4-star rating from over 1,000 verified reviews on Amazon.
At a glance:
Foldable design and comes with a tan plaid carry pouch
Weighs 15lbs and has a weight-bearing capacity of 300lbs
Features 7.5-inch wheels with soft grip tires and aluminum loop-lock brakes
Easily adjustable handlebars and brakes
Has a 4-star rating from over 1,000 verified reviews on Amazon
The Drawbacks Of 3 Wheel Walkers
They are less stable than four-wheel walkers and harder to balance.
They are more expensive than wheel-less walkers, though many users would argue they are well worth the extra dollars.
They dont have a seat for the user to rest in.
They usually dont have as many additional features, such as a phone holder or a built-in basket, as four-wheel rollators.
Recommended Reading: Brightview Senior Living Wayne Nj