At& T 5gb Mobile Share Flex
Note that the Mobile Share Flex may come with minimum monthly service charges and other provider services. AARP chartered seniors will have a 10% discount on their monthly cost. So, instead of paying $50 every month, youll pay $45 with a paperless bill and AutoPay.
- 10% service discount for AARP members
- Unlimited nationwide text messages
- Unused data rolls over to the next month
Bear in mind that additional restrictions by AT& T may apply. For example, additional devices cost $20 every month for each smartphone.
- Join AT& T AutoPay to unlock a $20 monthly discount with paperless bills
At& t World Connect Value Package
The AT& T World Connect Value plan is for seniors who want to connect with their loved ones worldwide. Pay $5 for each line to unlock an array of benefits. Add this plan to any cellphone postpaid domestic plan to avail of the same long-distance calling discount. However, you must be careful not to exceed the monthly minutes on the postpaid plan. If you do, additional charges will apply based on the domestic rate plan.
- Unlimited international text messages from the U.S. to 190+ countries
- Unrestricted calls to Canada and Mexico
- Unlimited video and picture messages to 120+ countries
- Includes calls from the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S.
- Affordable calls to Canada with a minutes talk-time costing 1 cent
- It can be combined with the AT& T Value Share package for unlimited talk-time to Mexico
- Discounted calling rates to 225+ international destinations with actual rates varying by country
You must be extra cautious if you are not on an unlimited domestic postpaid wireless voice plan. This is because your international long-distance calls will count against your allotted monthly domestic talk-time in that plan. An overage fee of $0.45 per minute will apply once the allowance of monthly voice minutes is depleted.
- It requires a qualifying domestic postpaid cellular voice plan to activate
- Texting overages apply at $0.20 per message sent.
At& t Internet & Fiber Deals For Seniors In 2022
- Writen by James Hall
Internet and cell phone provider AT& T offers a wide range of deals that seniors can take advantage of. And while there are no internet deals specifically for senior citizens as such, there are some awesome deals that those of any age should definitely check out.
We love to see it! A little helping hand with the bills can go a long way at any age in life, let alone for those in retirement.
But the thing is, some of these deals arent very well advertised. And, theyre only available to seniors in specific locations. So, we spent some time researching the options that seniors have at AT& T in the way of saving money.
So, if youre a senior citizen looking to save some money on your next internet or cell phone plan , dont go anywhere. Well be showing you every single way you can save money with AT& T.
Lets get started.
Don’t Miss: Best Burial Insurance For Seniors
At& t: Overall Best Cell Phone Plan For Seniors
AT& T has two major offerings for seniors: the AT& T Unlimited 55+ and AT& T Senior Nation plans. The Senior Nation plan is the most basic offering of AT& T. It has 200 minutes of any time calls, unlimited calls to AT& T Mobility subscribers, and 500 minutes of Night & Weekend calls. If your calls go over the allotted time, you will be charged $0.45 per minute. It has call forwarding, call waiting, nationwide long distance calls and roaming, caller ID, and conference calling. This plan is specially made by AT& T for seniors aged 65 and above.
But if you have tech-savvy folks, there is another plan available. The AT& T Unlimited 55+ offers 5G at no extra costs, unlimited texting, calling, and surfing within the US, Mexico, and Canada, free texts to more than 120 countries, and mobile security features such as blockage of spam and fraud calls. This will cost you around $60 for one line and $80 for two. Florida residents can avail of a $20 discount on its offers, making you pay just $40 for one line.
There is one more cell phone plan to consider, but it is better for American Association of Retired Persons members than regular seniors the AT& T Unlimited Elite Plan. AARP members get to enjoy a $10 additional discount on it. This plan comes with unlimited surfing, 30 GB of mobile hotspot, mobile security features, and a free HBO Max subscription.
Senior Cell Phones: Do You Need One
A senior cell phone plan will give you extra discounts and savings from major wireless carriers if youre over the age of 55. And with an AARP membership, you can also save on phone plans if youre over 50 years old.
If youre unsure whether a senior cell phone plan is right for you or are too young to qualify, there are plenty of other affordable cell phone plans that can still give you the features you need at the price you wanteven if they arent designed specifically for seniors.
Understanding whats important to you and how you use your cell phone will get you one step closer to choosing the best phone plan for you.
Read Also: Center Well Senior Primary Care
At& t For Seniors Pros And Cons
AT& T Pros
- Plans from $25.99 per month: Starting at under $25 per month, AT& T is easily one of the most affordable wireless providers for seniors.
- Advanced devices: Being one of the nations largest cellular providers, AT& T offers just about any type of cell phone, from advanced iPhones to simple flip phones.
- Discounts for multiple lines: Nearly all of AT& Ts cellular plans come at discounted rates with each additional line of service you purchase.
- No data throttling: Unlike popular providers such as Mint Mobile, AT& T wont slow your data speeds after meeting usage thresholds.
- Discounts for AARP members: Regardless of the state you live in, AARP members can get 10% off their monthly bill when signing up for AT& Ts Unlimited Elite plan.
AT& T Cons
- Limited availability: AT& Ts Unlimited 55+ plans are currently only available to those with a Florida billing address. Similar to Verizon, AT& T requires seniors living outside of Florida to select other more costly unlimited plans.
- Higher up-front costs: While they come at lower monthly costs, AT& Ts prepaid plans must be paid in full at the onset, driving up your initial costs.
- Activation fees: Though not listed in the monthly price, most of AT& Ts plans require hidden fees for activation. However, these fees can sometimes be waived for AARP members.
The 10 Best At& t Phone Plans For Seniors
AT& T is among the best telecoms with affordable and stable data, text, and voice plans for consumers in the U.S. The company offers a wide array of dedicated phone services, including an unlimited data plan for 2 lines. Besides, AT& T is one of the best providers of cell phone family plans with unlimited everything.
However, its also important for seniors to access the cheapest mobile phone plans to contact their loved ones. Thankfully, at& t phone plans for seniors citizens can pick from a whole selection!
Some of the best golden-ager plans from AT& T can be categorized as unlimited, pay as you go, family, and prepaid cell phone plans. These are often cheaper versions of their standard telecom services with slight variations. Weve put together the 10 best at& t phone plans for seniors so they can pick the most suitable offer.
- $0 roaming and long-distance charges
- Additional discounts for AARP members
- Free caller ID, call waiting and call forwarding services
- 500 minutes for night and weekend use
There is an additional charge for those who exceed the monthly allowance for talk-time. Although $0.45 is the cost for each extra minute, it can add up quickly if you are not keen on the minutes used. An overage of 30 minutes would add an extra $15 to your monthly cellphone bill.
The senior plan doesnt include data or text messages. Besides, you cannot use Rollover or Unity minutes with this plan. Subscribers can make long-distance calls all over the U.S. without paying extra.
Also Check: Grants For Seniors For Home Repairs
How Do You Get At& ts 55+ Plan
This plan is only available for people who are 55 or older with a Florida billing address. You cant apply for the plan online. The only way to get it is to visit your local AT& T store to verify your age and place of residence.
You also cant combine the plan with any other offer. If youre looking for ways to save and youre a senior, there is a bare-bones alternative that might work for you.
How Much Is The Senior Discount With At& T
The amount of savings youll receive with AT& T cell phone service depends on your eligibility, the number of lines on your plan, and the type of plan you choose.
For the Florida Unlimited 55+ Plan, it will cost:
- $60/month for 1 line.
For AT& Ts Senior Nation plan, monthly access starts at $29.99 per month, which includes:
- 200 anytime minutes.
- Unlimited Nationwide calls to AT& T mobility customers.
- 500 night and weekend minutes.
Note that the Senior Nation Plan is not eligible for smartphones or tablets.
AARP Members are eligible for additional savings, such as 10% off select plans and up to 15% off phone accessories.
Be sure to bring your membership card when you visit your local AT& T store.
Also Check: Senior Digital Marketing Manager Salary
Recommended Reading: T-mobile Flip Phones For Seniors
Things To Keep In Mind About At& t Internet
- Available in only 21 states: AT& T currently operates in only 21 states, with California, Texas, and Florida having the widest coverage.
- Added fees: Although prices start at $55 per month, AT& T also charges taxes and installation fees, so your bill might be higher than the listed price.
- Limited speeds available: Not all of AT& T’s advertised speeds are available in all locations. Internet speeds depend on your proximity to AT& T centers and service areas. Make sure you check to see the availability in your area.
Final Thoughts On At& t Senior Deals
Initially, it feels like a bit of a shame that there arent more deals for seniors at AT& T. Sure, the Wireless Unlimited 55+ plan is pretty great, but theres nothing for those who want internet at home.
But, when you consider how good the AT& T Fiber internet plans are in terms of value for money, it begins to feel better. Its deals for everyone!
Those who cant get Fiber in their location might feel out of luck right now, but it may well be with you soon. In the meantime, shop around to find out what else is available.
Remember, AT& T isnt the only provider out there. Why not check out some of the Comcast Xfinity deals to see if theres anything there you can get as a senior?
Read Also: Fancy Feast Senior Cat Food
Does At& t Have Business Wireless Plans
Whether youre a small business, large organization, or somewhere in between, AT& T has a wireless business plan suitable for your needs. Their fast 5G coverage helps you stay connected across all your electronic devices, and they even feature mobile workforce tools like data backup, online fax, email marketing and more.
At& t $60 Unlimited 55+ Special Florida Plan
There is no best time to be an AT& T customer if you are 55+ years and live in Florida. Walk into the nearest AT& T store and grab the 55-plus senior discount. Heres what youll get with this special deal for Floridians who are 55 years and above.
- Unlimited messages
- Unlimited everything in Canada and Mexico
For only $60 a month, you will get the above features. But theres a catch to joining this plan.
- Join AT& T AutoPay and Paperless bill
- Pay the full plans cost for two months before the discount starts
Its also important to remember that the 55 Plus Senior Discount can be had in-store only. To save more, seniors can get two lines for $80 a month instead of a single line at $60. It means you can save $20 per line for the two lines.
Read Also: Care For Seniors At Home
At& t Unlimited 55+ Plan For Florida Residents
With rates per line ranging from $40 to $60 per month, AT& T offers this unlimited plan for the 55-and-over crowd that comes with unlimited talk, text, and data. So you can check in on Facebook, search for local businesses, and receive pictures of the grandkids while you’re out and about. The AT& T Unlimited 55+ plan is an excellent choice for older adults who use their phones frequently throughout the day. The Unlimited 55+ plan also features unlimited talk, text, and data in Canada and Mexico. Plus, you’ll get free texting in over 120 countries, perfect for frequent travelers.
Buyer’s Tip: AT& T offers perks like $100 in credits per line when you switch to AT& T, up to $45 in savings on activation and upgrade fees, and 15 percent off accessories for AARP members. You can also get benefits like same-day delivery and giveaways when you become an AT& T customer.
While currently only available to Florida residents, we hope this plan will be expanded to other areas soon. Like other AT& T unlimited plans, consumers are rewarded for having multiple lines, so the more lines you have, the lower rates per line you’ll pay.
What We Like About At& t Internet
- Very fast connection speeds: AT& T offers some of the fastest internet connection speeds on the market, making sure you get the information you need when you need it.
- Unlimited data: There are no data caps with AT& T’s fiber plans, meaning you can stream, chat, and browse as much as you’d like with no overage fees or decrease in speeds.
- No annual contract: Not having a contract means that you have the flexibility to change your plans as your needs change. Also, if you move, you will not have to pay any cancellation charges or early termination fees.
- No promotional pricing: Many providers offer promotional rates that increase after 12 or 24 months. AT& T doesn’t do this, so you won’t have to worry about price hikes. Do keep in mind that AT& T can change their prices at any time however, they won’t automatically increase after the first year.
Read Also: Celebrate Senior Living Of Niles
What Is At& t Wireless
AT& T Wireless, also known as AT& T Mobility, is the cellular phone service offered by the telecommunications giant, AT& T. Based in Dallas, Texas, the subsidiary was founded in 2000 to provide specialized services to AT& Ts mobile phone customers. The fast and reliable mobile phone service is available in all 53 states and territories of the US, including the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
AT& Ts wireless network extends over 22,000 cities and towns in the US. All those who are subscribed to the AT& T Wireless data plans can enjoy nationwide 4G and 5G access. AT& Ts ultrafast 5G+ mobile data is available in the metro areas of 38 states. And soon, more than 285 million AT& T customers will be experiencing 5G+ speed on their AT& T Wireless data plans.
AT& T Wireless promises the best service with the most affordable, unlimited mobile data plans, and perks that are beyond ones imagination. On the AT& T Wireless network, you can avail unlimited international calling and texting along with high-data hotspot access.
Currently, AT& T is offering 3 Unlimited Wireless Data plans with FREE ActiveArmor mobile security to all its customers.
At& t Senior Plans 2021
Talk Minutes – AT& T Plans for seniorsWhat you get?
- Also, check out the competitive Verizon nationwide 65 plus plan
Notes:AT& T Senior nation 200 Plan Calling Features
- Free voicemail.
AT& T Senior nation 200 Plan CostAT& T Senior Nation 200 Messages Plan
- You can get unlimited text messages for $20 per month or pay 20 cents per message, 30 cents per multimedia message.
- Also, you can get an international texting plan to more than 200 countries for $10 per month.
AT& T Senior Nation 200 Data Plan
- AT& T senior nation 200 data plans start as little as $25 for 2 GB a month the data overage fee is $10 per GB.
- For heavy internet users who like music and video streaming, we prefer to go for the 4.5 GB plan for only $45 per month. The data overage fee is $10 per GB.
Recommended Reading: Senior Trip Ideas In Us
How Much Speed Do I Need As A Senior
Weve established that AT& T Fiber is the best way to go for senior citizens even though there is no specific discount for those over 55. But there are 5 plans to choose from: 300, 500, 1 Gig, 2 Gig, and 5 Gig. So which of these should you go for?
These numbers refer to the speed of your connection in terms of the data transfer per second. And the bottom line is that for almost all seniors, we recommend the 300 speed.
300 Mbps is still a lightning fast connection. When we tested it, we found that it would be more than enough for a large family. After it, it can handle as many as 12 4K Netflix streams!
The only reason you might want to go faster than that is if youre supplying the internet to a whole lot of people. That is if you live with 10 or more people or youre setting up a local hotspot.
The AT& T Fiber 300 plan will cost you $55 per month. Thats not bad at all. And when you consider the fact that the regular Internet plans are the same price as previously mentioned, then a separate deal doesnt matter so much. Its already great value!
Phone Plans For Senior Citizens
SpeedTalk Mobiles smarter than unlimited, Senior mobile phone plan Services, offer the lowest, most affordable, rate options on the market. How you use your phone determines what you pay. This means you can budget your usage accordingly depending on your needs each month instead of paying a recurring monthly suscription fee with a regular cell phone plan. Meet the smarter wireless plan and start saving today!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ABOUT SENIOR PHONE PLANS
Recommended Reading: T-mobile Senior Plans Single Line