Senior Business Data Analyst Job Description
When it comes to understanding what a senior business data analyst does, you may be wondering, “should I become a senior business data analyst?” The data included in this section may help you decide. Compared to other jobs, senior business data analysts have a growth rate described as “faster than average” at 9% between the years 2018 – 2028, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In fact, the number of senior business data analyst opportunities that are predicted to open up by 2028 is 56,000.
Senior business data analysts average about $47.41 an hour, which makes the senior business data analyst annual salary $98,619. Additionally, senior business data analysts are known to earn anywhere from $76,000 to $126,000 a year. This means that the top-earning senior business data analysts make $56,000 more than the lowest earning ones.
It’s hard work to become a senior business data analyst, but even the most dedicated employees consider switching careers from time to time. Whether you’re interested in a more challenging position or just looking for a fresh start, we’ve compiled extensive information on becoming an analyst lead, business analyst/project manager, business analyst-consultant, and senior programmer analyst.
Senior Data Analyst Job Description Example/sample/template
Senior data analysts perform various functions, which primarily involves providing analytic and technical skills necessary to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to solve business problems.
They are also responsible for providing leadership to junior analysts.
The core tasks, duties, and responsibilities that majorly constitute the senior data analyst job description are highlighted below:
Senior Data Analyst Job Description Example
At , we make data-driven decisions to stay ahead of the curve. Were looking for a senior data analyst to join our team and help us continue to make sound business decisions. The ideal candidate will have experience working with large data sets, developing data models, and performing statistical analysis. They will be able to effectively communicate their findings to non-technical staff and management. Additionally, they will have a strong understanding of database concepts and experience working with SQL. The senior data analyst will be responsible for developing and maintaining our data warehouse, as well as performing ad-hoc analysis to support business decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years professional experience as a data analyst
- Expertise in SQL and Excel
- Experience with statistical analysis and data mining
- Ability to develop complex data models
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Masters degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field
- 7+ years professional experience as a data analyst
- Experience with Python, R, or similar programming language
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization software
- Experience working with big data sets
Read Also: Help For Low Income Seniors
Where Do Senior Analysts Work
While senior analysts can work in a variety of industries, most work in the business, finance, data or technology sectors of the economy. They may work for technology firms, manufacturing companies, government offices, banks and other large institutions. Organisations that are often involved in complex, high-profile projects typically hire these analysts to assess processes, determine project requirements and deliver recommendations to key stakeholders. Depending on the size of the organisation, they might manage a variety of teams in different departments within the company.
Skills For Information Data Governance Analyst Resume
- Tracking, prioritisation and reporting of data protection issues to management and Data Protection Office
- Understanding and previous experience with data integration tools such as Informatica Powercenter, Informatica Cloud Services, Mulesoft, Talend or Attunity
- Experience capturing requirements, recommending, planning for and monitoring data cleansing activities
- Some experience of managing risks assessing, understanding and testing to expose and evaluate risk
- Experience and / or familiarity with the following: enterprise reporting tools, RDBMS solutions, ERP solutions, data modeling concepts, SQL querying
Also Check: National Park Lifetime Pass For Seniors
Data Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a data analyst to join our data team. You will take responsibility for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
Senior Data Analyst Job Summary 9
Were looking for a Senior Data Analyst to support Companys Business Insights team to develop and refine KPIs that support Companys growth strategy. A successful analyst will exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy tackling quantitative problems that most other people cannot solve. Come be a part of an exciting new team where you will be able to work on challenging projects, rich data sets, and develop valuable skills. This role involves frequent engagement with senior- and executive-level management as a trusted advisor.
You May Like: Senior Construction Project Manager Salary
Required Qualifications Of The Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
Education: The Senior Data Warehouse Engineer has to have a bachelors degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Information Systems, or any other related field. An equivalent of this requirement in working experience is also acceptable for this position.
Experience: A candidate for this position must have had at least 5 years working in a data warehousing position within a fast-paced and complex business environment, preferably working as a Data Warehouse Engineer. The candidate must also have had experience developing schema data models in a data warehouse environment. The candidate will also have had experience with full implementation of system development lifecycle .
He will additionally have demonstrated knowledge of database concepts of data mapping and modeling inclusive of normalization, referential integrity, dimensionality, keys, indexes, metadata, and master data.
The candidate must also have a proven and successful experience working with ETL concepts of data integration, consolidation, enrichment, and aggregation. The candidate will have had experience working with SQL server database administration, integration services, analysis services, and MDX query language. A suitable candidate will also have a strong demonstrated understanding of dimensional modeling and similar data warehousing techniques as well as having experience working with relational or multi-dimensional databases and business intelligence architectures.
Is Data Analytics A Promising Career Are Data Analytics Experts In Demand
Data Analytics is a fast-growing discipline that offers professional opportunities across a wide range of sectors. Considering the current rising demand for competent Big Data specialists, there is no better time to be part of the big data job market. You require a robust array of basic analytical skills to create a career in data analytics. There are many ways to learn these skills, but the best approach for many of them is through Data Analytics certification program.
Recommended Reading: The Orchard Senior Living Apartments
Senior Data Analyst Duties & Responsibilities 3
- Performs input and data analysis of complaints and subsequent investigations, including interpretation of results and identification of trends using investigation tracking software and other programs, as necessary.
- Assists senior data analysts and other office team members in tracking complaints and the completion of investigations managed and monitored by OPE, utilizing knowledge and understanding of the universitys various workplace environments and structures. Follows up on incomplete components of data/complaints with relevant complainants, senior data analyst and/or available subject matter experts.
- Responsible for database management and development of reports. Prepares and maintains comprehensive reports regularly and as requested by relevant stakeholders and OPEs Vice President or Director.
- Assists in developing processes and tools to confidentially collect, organize and disseminate information and statistics.
- Maintain knowledge of university-wide systems and processes, recommending enhancements and training opportunities, as needed. Ensure accuracy and compliance of data reporting systems and the tracking software, both conforming to university and industry standards.
- May lead staff or student workers, as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Senior Data Governance Analyst
Guardian Media Group is a leading global media organisation, the publisher of the Guardian, which celebrates its 200th anniversary in 2021, the Observer and the Guardian.com, which attracts over 200 million global unique browsers each month. We are renowned for our ground-breaking independent journalism and our award-winning digital products.
We are now looking for a Senior Data Governance Analyst to lead and embed data governance tools and processes that enables us to manage, structure and use our data across the organisation.
This is a pivotal role that will see you working across GMG, growing the value of our data to ensure we deliver the data governance solutions thats needed to achieve our goals.
About The Role
- Experience working in a Data Governance capacity
- Experience implementing and embedding a Data Catalogue e.g. Alation, Collibra, OvalEdge
- Experience handling multiple projects and priorities, managing timescales and delivery across a virtual, technical, cross-functional team
- Advanced business analysis skills, including the ability to understand the business concepts , to define business requirements , and to propose solutions.
- Experience with Data Quality Tools and data analysis experience, e.g., using SQL and Tableau
You can see the full job description here.
The Guardian offers a competitive benefits package including a generous pension, healthcare, dental insurance options, cycle to work scheme and 2 paid volunteering days per year.
Recommended Reading: Nonprofit Organizations That Help Senior Citizens
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Master’s & above in Statistics, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Economics, and Mathematics.
- Minimum 7 years or more
- Excellent Quantitative analytical skills
- Good manuscript writing skills for publications
- Proficient in STATA or SAS or R or Python. Must have extensive experience of coding in any of the mentioned software.
- Leadership Skills
- Ability to comprehend instructions, and disseminate them to other team members
Required Qualifications Of The Senior Data Analyst
Education: The Senior Data Analyst has to have a bachelors degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Math, Business Administration, or any other related field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable for this position.
Experience: The Senior Data Analyst has to have had at least 5 years in a data analyst position, preferably working as a Data Analyst in a fast-paced and dynamic business setting. The Senior Data Analyst will also have had experience working in report creation, modeling, and trend forecasting. A suitable candidate will have a strong background in SQL as well as experience performing administrative tasks on servers such as SQL.
The Senior Data Analyst will also demonstrate an ability to create, troubleshoot, and enhance the businesss data loadings. He will additionally have a clear understanding of key IT business systems, reporting and analytics, general ledger management, and data warehousing. A suitable candidate will demonstrate strong working knowledge of reporting tools such as Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau, or any similar tools.
Also Check: Sunrise Senior Living Mclean Va
Senior Analyst Roles And Responsibilities
There are often several titles for senior analysts, such as senior business analyst, finance analyst or operations analyst. While the duties of an analyst may vary, this high-level job often involves collaborating with business executives or people in leadership positions in an organisation. Some responsibilities of a senior analyst may include:
Coordinating efforts to meet customer and business needs
Planning and estimating the specific requirements involved in a project or strategic initiative
Developing a communication process to collaborate with customers and update stakeholders on the progress of a project
Providing updates in the form of emails, newsletters, press releases and other written communications
Facilitating meetings with organisational leadership and organising presentations
Managing project schedules, updating project documentation, determining which tasks to prioritise and ensuring the timely completion of deliverables
Managing stakeholder relationships
Providing leadership to teams and collaborating with senior management to manage resources
Supporting the implementation of business solutions and analysing the benefits of those solutions
Identifying areas for improvement and negotiating with stakeholders to implement changes
Collecting project requirements and meeting with project teams regularly to coordinate tasks and resolve conflicts
Senior Data Analyst Job Description: Roles And Responsibilities
Although the resulting economic and social crisis stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic is making its effects felt across industries, senior data analysts are still in high demand.
While it is true that recruitment has suffered a blow, a fact which has been shared by sources such as the Hiring Lab, the reality is that there are companies that need to levy the services offered by analysts now more than ever.
After all, at ever-changing times such as the ones we currently live in, business leaders need to understand how their company is performing during the crisis in order to make important business decisions.
Therefore, who better to help them than senior data analysts, professionals who have the knowledge to dissect data and break it down into simple, easy-to-understand chunks of information?
That said, one thing is knowing that you need to hire them: another is developing a senior data analyst job description that adequately frames the roles and responsibilities of the hired candidate in an attractive way.
This is exactly what Im going to be addressing in this blog post.
Get a first-hand glimpse into the day-to-day activities done by senior analysts as well as the ways in which recruiters can take advantage of key language choices to secure the right candidate for the job.
Lets get right into it.
Also Check: Computer Class For Senior Citizens
Senior Data Analyst Job Descriptions: Skills
- MA or Ph.D. in computer science, machine learning, business intelligence, or similar.
- At least five years experience in a mid-level data analytics role .
- Broad domain skills, i.e. knowledge of finance, HR, marketing, sales, etc.
- Knowledge of a wide range of data models, algorithms and statistical analysis techniques.
- Experienced in Agile software development.
- Experienced in building and deploying machine learning models and working with big data.
- Familiar with a wide range of business intelligence and analytics tools.
As this sample job description highlights, a senior data analyst moves away from the granular detail of data analytics and takes a broader view. The role is more of a management position, and takes responsibility for an organizations overall data governance and strategy. It also requires strong people management skillsboth for junior teams and also senior staff, such as board members or executive personnel.
While skills such as machine learning and artificial intelligence are usually relevant to a senior data analysts role, they are often considered jobs in their own right. Thats why weve taken a more cautious approach heredata science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence are distinctive fields and are often the next step for a senior data analyst who wants to take their career to the next level. But its good to know that the skys the limit!
Work Experience In Your Data Governance Analyst Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your data governance analyst resume. Its the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.This section, however, is not just a list of your previous data governance analyst responsibilities. Its meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular data governance analyst position youre applying to.The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Representative Data Governance Analyst resume experience can include:
- Provides enforcement of the enterprise data governance policy and standards for compliance and integrity in the consumption, manipulation, and maintenance of data
- Accomplished meeting facilitator with strong presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with employees from across the company
- Understanding of a Business-Technology function, based on prior experience working across Business and IT areas
- Utilize Macro to micro project management skills, balancing both the big-picture and the details of multiple projects
- Experience working in BOM, material planning, supplier setup, customer setup or related area
Recommended Reading: Fitnus Smartwatch For Seniors Reviews
Senior Data Analyst Work Environment
Senior data analysts work in a variety of settings, including corporate offices, government agencies, and educational institutions. They typically work full time, and some may work more than 40 hours per week to meet deadlines or complete projects. Many senior data analysts work in teams, so they must be able to communicate effectively with others. They also may need to present their findings to clients or senior management, so they should be comfortable speaking in front of groups. Senior data analysts typically have a bachelors degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field.
Data Governance Analyst Job Description
Data governance analysts need the following skills in order to be successful:
Data management: Data governance analysts often work with data management teams to ensure that data is secure and accessible when needed. They may also be responsible for creating data management plans, which outline how data is created, stored, accessed and disposed of.
Communication: Data governance analysts often communicate with other members of an organization to explain the importance of data governance and how it can help the company. They also communicate with other departments to ensure they understand the data governance strategy and how it can benefit the company.
Critical thinking: Critical thinking is the ability to analyze a situation and make a decision based on the information you have. As a data governance analyst, you may be responsible for making decisions about how to handle data that doesnt fit into the companys data model. For example, if a data model is designed to include only data from customers who live in the United States, but a new data source comes in from a customer who lives in Canada, you may need to decide whether to include the Canadian data in the model or leave it out. Your critical thinking skills can help you make the best decision for the company.
Also Check: Low Income Senior Housing Virginia