Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Would you be our new Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to be a part of Posti Service Center Finance and Sourcing team? Posti Service Center teams are located in Helsinki and in Tallinn, so you can work in either place!
Posti Service Center is offering Finance, Sourcing, Procurement, Sales Support and Payroll services to Posti Group companies and Business Units. We operate in Finland, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia.
In this role you really get to utilize your senior level skills. As team member you lead operative processes and support other AP users. We want to hear your ideas about continuous development of process and operations. And do you want to develop your skills and work as a supervisor in the future? There is an opportunity for that in this role.
Your key responsibilities:
- Guiding and instructing team on requirements on invoice handling
- Validating incoming purchase invoices in defined purchase groups
- In charge of month end-closing task monitoring and processing
- Communicating and checking accounting related questions with PSC Finance Accounting teams
- Instructing and handling month end Accounts Payable cost accruals
- Managing continues improvement initiatives in AP improving ways of working and processes
- Participating to development projects in Purchase to Pay process area
- Communicating changes and reminders to end users and stakeholders
Would this be you?
Hope to hear from you soon!
Glassdoor Economist Pay Overview
Jobs in finance and accounting are expected to see continued demand, with employment growth linked to the health of the broader economy. These jobs will continue to offer above average pay but usually require higher education or certification to enter the field. While automation will replace many common tasks, it is not expected to reduce the need for these employees it will instead allow them to focus on core soft skills like advising clients and analyzing trends.
Senior Accounts Payable Analyst Salary
How much does a Senior Accounts Payable Analyst make? The average Senior Accounts Payable Analyst salary is $60,140 as of September 26, 2022, but the salary range typically falls between $52,565 and $68,007. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. With more online, real-time compensation data than any other website, Salary.com helps you determine your exact pay target.
Jobs with a similar salary range to Senior Accounts Payable Analyst :Contracted Faculty
- Adjust Senior Accounts Payable Analyst Salary:
You May Like: Property Tax Freeze For Seniors In Texas
What Influences A Salary
The salary of a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist is determined by a number of factors, including education, experience, and job location. In this article, we will take a closer look at how these factors impact salary.
Years of experience
Salary increases are generally tied to your experience level. In general, the more years you spend working as a senior accounts payable specialist, the more you can expect to earn. Heres how experience can impact your senior accounts payable specialist salary, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the National Compensation Survey.
|Level of experience
How Can Senior Ap Specialists Increase Their Salary
Increasing your pay as a Senior AP Specialist is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Senior AP Specialist that oversees more junior Senior AP Specialists, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.
Recommended Reading: Walking As Exercise For Seniors
Professional Experience And Skills
Though many entry-level accounting clerk jobs require little or no experience and can be filled by staff with no higher qualification than a high school diploma, employers generally look for some education and professional experience for their accounting operations. AR and AP clerks must have strong organizational, customer service and communication skills, along with proficiency in common office and accounting software applications.
AR and AP managers may need five years or more of experience as clerks before progressing to managerial roles. Managers should be able to demonstrate all the skills of a clerk, plus the additional soft skills needed to motivate a team.
Senior Accounts Payable Jobs In All Australia
Receive new jobs for this search by email
- Full time opportunity
- ASX listed employer
- An industry leader
- Work in a fun, dynamic and fast paced environment!
- Join a super smart team of Finance Professionals in this business critical role!
- Join us in a 3 mth Fixed Term Contract, view to permanent for a superstar!!!!
- High growth infrastructure business, remarkable growth in recent times
- CBD location with generous WFH
- Parking available on site
- Competitive salary package
- Global animal health organisation – making a difference for our pets!
- Northgate location, free parking, pet friendly office, employee discounts
- Finance Head Office for APAC region. 30+ finance team. Excellent career options
Don’t Miss: Senior Digital Marketing Manager Salary
How To Increase Your Senior Accounts Payable Specialist Salary
Now that you have a better idea of what you could expect to earn as a senior accounts payable specialist, lets look at ways to boost your salary.
1. Strengthen your skills
Pursuing and improving in-demand skills could make you more competitive for promotions and higher-paying positions. These skills include:
- Accounts Payable: Understand the accounts payable process, including invoice processing and payments
- ERP Systems: Use enterprise resource planning systems to manage accounting and finance data
- Auditing: Conduct audits of accounts payable records to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Excel: Use Excel to create spreadsheets, track data, and run calculations
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships with vendors, including negotiating contracts and resolving disputes
2. Negotiate your job offer
When youre offered a job, be sure to negotiate your salary. This is especially important if youre being offered a job thats significantly different from your current role. If youre not sure how to negotiate, consider asking for help from a friend or family member whos good at it. You could also look up salary negotiation tips online.
3. Talk to Recruiters
If youre looking for a way to increase your salary, talking to recruiters can be a helpful way to get an idea of what your skills are worth in the marketplace. They can also give you insights into what companies are willing to pay for similar positions.
What Does A Senior Accounts Payable Specialist Do
A senior accounts payable specialist, also known as a senior accounts payable clerk, ensures the accuracy of accounts payable reports, maintains accurate back-up documents and guarantees that all unpaid invoices are processed for an organization. They also closely monitor company expenses and budgets. In addition to handling financial records, senior accounts payable specialists may also lead or supervise a team of accounts payable specialists.
You May Like: Free Phones For Hard Of Hearing Seniors
Salaries For Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
The average Sr. Accounts Payable Specialists earn $77,000 per year in the United States. Sr. Accounts Payable Specialists earn the most in San Francisco, CA, at $77,000 per year, which is 0% more than the national average. Seniors Salary ranges for Accounts Payable Specialists in the United States range from $60,930 to $92,500, with an average of $77,000. Sixty-seven per cent of Senior Accounts Payable Specialists earn an average of $77,000, with the top 67% earning $92,500.
In 2020, a person filing at this marginal rate should pay approximately 23% in federal income tax. After deducting a 23% gove: tax rate, Sr. Accounts Payable Specialists can expect to earn $65,180 per year, with each payment equating to around $3,899*.
With a monthly take-home pay of around $5,278 and a mean average 2BR serviced apartment premium of $2,506**, a Sr. Accounts Payable Specialists will pay the rent with 47.48% of their monthly turn remuneration.
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist Salaries By Company
Dsm Shared Services IndiaSenior Accounts Payable SpecialistSalary
|7.7L – 9.8L
CDM SmithSenior Accounts Payable SpecialistSalary
|6.3L – 8.1L
IQVIASenior Accounts Payable SpecialistSalary
|5.9L – 7.6L
InfobloxSenior Accounts Payable SpecialistSalary
|6.3L – 8.1L
UipathSenior Accounts Payable SpecialistSalary
|14.4L – 18.4L
EPIQ SystemsSenior Accounts Payable SpecialistSalary
|5.8L – 7.4L
BechtelSenior Accounts Payable SpecialistSalary
|8.1L – 10.4L
McDermott InternationalSenior Accounts Payable SpecialistSalary
|18L – 23L
Corteva AgriscienceSenior Accounts Payable SpecialistSalary
|6.8L – 8.6L
Clinipace Clinical ResearchSenior Accounts Payable SpecialistSalary
|3.8L – 4.8L
Recommended Reading: Senior Housing Chicago South Side
Senior Accounts Payable Pay Faq
The national average salary for a Senior Accounts Payable is $50,884 per year in United States. Filter by location to see a Senior Accounts Payable salaries in your area. Salaries estimates are based on 93 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by a Senior Accounts Payable employees.
The highest salary for a Senior Accounts Payable in United States is $69,284 per year.
The lowest salary for a Senior Accounts Payable in United States is $37,370 per year.
How To Define A Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
So, before we discuss the salaries for Senior Accounts Payable Specialists, one had better apprehend the definition of it. Conferring to the definition,
A Senior Accounts Payable Specialist, or a Senior Accounts Payable Clerk, guarantees the precision of financial records or payable information, sustains correct standby official papers, and promises that altogether voluntary demands are administered for an association. They also meticulously screen corporation expenditures and finances.
Lets now get back to the topic and find out statistically how much a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist gets salary per year. Statistically, Senior accounts payable specialists make around USD 55,036.00 to USD 85,733.00 on regular basis in the US. It all depends on know-how, locality, services, and other aspects of the particular job. The websites collecting salary statistics tell that a senior accounts payable specialists salary in the US sorts between USD 55,036.00 and USD 85,733.00, with a usual salary of USD 62,175.00. In July 2022, the salaries for senior accounts payable specialists according to the below-mentioned websites are as follows:
How payments are made?
Influential factors of the salary
There are factors that can influence a Senior Accounts Payable Specialists salary. It includes:
- Familiarity/Years of experience
- Work locality/Location
Tax, a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist pay
Don’t Miss: At& t Cell Phone Plans For Seniors
What Skills Do I Need To Be A Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Successful senior accounts payable specialists have the following skills:
- Analytical skills: You will need to be able to look at numbers and analyze them to find areas where costs can be saved.
- Computer skills: Being proficient in computers is essential, as most of the duties of an accounts payable specialist are performed using computer software.
- Attention to detail: You will be required to analyze reports and be able to pay attention to minor accounting details, data and expenses.
- Communication skills: Since you will be working with clients and government tax officials, you must have good listening and communication skills.
Working As A Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Depending on their work experience and field of expertise, a senior accounts payable specialist may:
- Monitor company expenditures, including payrolls, invoices, orders, statements and bills.
- Prepare monthly reports and periodic analyses of accounts.
- Use software to keep company records and back-up data for tax purposes.
- Inspect records and reports for accuracy.
- Oversee the work of accountants and accounts payable clerks.
- Attend meetings with managers and executives.
You May Like: Free Government Food For Seniors