Get Help: New Jersey Social Services: Seniors
- NJ HelpsThis site will help to see if you are eligible for food assistance , cash assistance , and health Insurance . From there you can apply for services or learn about additional resources. Part of the New Jersey Department of Human Services.
- A list of senior services offered by the State of New Jersey
Our Service Promise To You
The BAYADA Way, our company philosophy, is at the heart of everything we do, and the ever-present guiding force in our daily workâin spirit and in action. The mission, vision, beliefs, and core values it expresses define our culture and embody the essence of what we stand for, believe in, and value.
Since 1975, BAYADA Home Health Care has had a special purpose to help people have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity.
Putting Purpose Into Practice
In 1975, 27-year-old Mark Baiada invested his life savings of $16,000 in a belief that people deserve a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. He sought compassionate care professionals who shared his passion and treated them like family, and they, in turn, treated their clients like family. Today, more than 26,000 like-hearted employees call upon their natural sense of caring, commitment to purpose, and personal responsibility to help our clientsâand each otherâflourish.
BAYADA has become a trusted leader in providing a full range of clinical care and support services at home for children and adults of all ages. With more than 350 offices in 22 states and 8 countries, BAYADA has remained true to Markâs commitment to purpose by finding, training, and supporting employees who take pride and joy in healing and helping.
Don’t Miss: Government Benefits For Seniors Over 60
New Jersey Celebrates Breastfeeding Month
This August we celebrate the power and impact of our collective efforts. One way New Jersey improves maternal and infant health is by providing WIC families with excellent prenatal breastfeeding classes, postpartum lactation counseling, and hands-on support, not to mention, enhanced food packages for breastfeeding moms. Learn more about how WIC Breastfeeding can help your growing family! Learn More
Aging & Disability Resource Connection
Access to some of these programs is through New Jersey Save, an online application to help low-income seniors and individuals with disabilities save money on Medicare premiums, prescription costs, and other living expenses. Contact the New Jersey ADRC Information and Assistance Toll-Free line at 877-222-3737.
Read Also: Ca State Parks Pass For Seniors
Division Of Vital Statistics
Vital records of events that occurred in other municipalities or states are not maintained within this office. Rather, each municipality maintains its own records. If you are in need of such records, you are encouraged to contact the registrar of that municipality or state.
OPERATING HOURS AND LOCATION
The hours of operation are Monday Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
To apply for a vital record in person, please visit us at: Irvington Town Hall, Health Department Room 109, 1 Civic Square, Irvington, New Jersey 07111. For more information on how to obtain a vital record, please call the Registrar at 973-399-6644 or the Deputy Registrar at 973-399-6645.
ORDERING A VITAL RECORD
In addition to the application, the following items must be provided when requesting a vital record:
*Please note that if the last name on your identification differs from the name listed on vital record you are requesting , you must provide a copy of a vital record to link you to your request.
Division Of Environmental Health
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Food Surveillance
All retail food establishments are licensed by the Township and inspected at least annually in accordance with state and local ordinances. Food-borne illnesses are investigated in addition to the impact of floods, fire and loss of utility services within any food establishment.
- Day Care Centers & Youth Camps
Sanitation inspections are performed in conjunction with the State Department of Health.
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Investigations
In conjunction with the Nursing Division, the licensed lead inspectors/risk assessors investigate cases associated with elevated blood lead levels in children. Once lead hazards are identified, the inspectors engage in an abatement protocol until the hazard is remediated.
- Public Health Nuisance Complaints
You May Like: Best Luxury Cars For Seniors 2021
Home Delivered Meals / Nutrition Project
The Morris County Nutrition Project provides hot nutritious meals, education and personal interaction through three components: Congregate Meals, Home Delivered Meals, and Weekend Meals. The Project served 509,669 meals in 2011.
The Project currently operates fifteen Nutrition Sites throughout Morris County. Along with a noontime meal, Midday Friendship Centers are open from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and offer recreational, social, and educational activities. View our calendar and map of locations.
Some activities include line dancing, bingo, movies, sing-a-longs, arts and crafts, guest speakers, parties, health screenings and educational programs tailored to the elderly.
Home delivered Meals and weekend meals are available for elderly and disabled who are housebound. The delivery of meals is provided through a network of paid employees and volunteer drivers. Call 564-4656.
Morris County participates in the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program. This statewide program provides low income seniors with vouchers to purchase fresh produce at designated Farmers Markets in Morris County.
A summer picnic is held at each nutrition site for all congregate clients. View picnic locations and dates.
Legal Assistance & Safety
- Office of Public Guardian and Elder RightsThe Office of the Public Guardian for Elderly Adults makes legal, financial and healthcare decisions for individuals aged 60 and older who have been determined by a Superior Court judge to be incapacitated. The office also administers the Adult Protective Services Program.
- Anti-Fraud ToolkitSenior citizens individuals 60 and over – are targeted more frequently by financial fraud and scams than any other age group. The “Anti-Fraud Toolkit” was designed to provide senior citizens with the information they need to recognize and avoid scams. Published by the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs.
Don’t Miss: Brookdale Senior Living Employee Website
About Bayada Home Health Care
Cape Regional Health System and BAYADA Home Health Care have partnered to form Cape Regional Home Health Care | Managed by BAYADA, providing our community with a seamless continuum of the highest-quality care with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Our partnership smooths the transition from hospital to home, reducing the risk of readmissions and improving patient outcomes.
BAYADA, a leading not-for-profit home health care provider in the US, has been helping children, adults, and seniors live safely at home since 1975. Families and health care professionals trust us for our clinical excellence, ethical standards, and commitment to safety. Our services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Cape Regional Health System is an integrated health care delivery system serving more than 1 million residents and visitors annually throughout Cape May County. As Cape Regional Home Health Care | Managed by BAYADA, we are committed to a singular purposeto help people have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity.
Diversity, Equity, and InclusionWe are committed to creating a culture and environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion where all employees can thrive and all clients can receive high-quality, personalized care with a sense of well-being, dignity, and trust. Read more about our DEI efforts at BAYADA.
Division Of Senior Services
We accomplish our mission by:
- Providing assistance to senior citizens in completing applications for benefits and entitlements.
- Providing information regarding benefits, entitlements and opportunities available for senior citizens
- Providing local transportation for senior citizens to grocery stores, medical appointments, banks, library, entitlement offices, and to recreational, cultural and educational events.
- Sponsoring recreational, social, health, and cultural trips and events.
- Providing senior citizens with low cost identification cards, free File of Life Cards and pre-screening for Food Stamps, energy assistance, prescription and health benefits.
- Sponsoring an annual Senior Citizen Conference with representatives from various entitlement offices and services to afford Irvington Senior Citizens an opportunity to interact with service providers and receive information that is pertinent to their quality of life.
- Provide senior citizens and disabled adults who are in need of help maintaining clean and healthy living quarters with persons to assist with light housekeeping, laundry, small meal preparation and errands.
- Providing exercise classes, bingo, card games, movie afternoon, arts and crafts classes, line dancing and other recreational activities weekly. Computer & social media classes as well as training on cellphones.
To view our Senior Center Event Calendar be visit the Health Departments Forms / Applications download page.
Also Check: Funeral Expense Insurance For Seniors
Infant Formula Shortage Guidance
Guidance from the Department of Health for families impacted by the shortage of baby formula, including families who participate in the WIC program,
WIC INFANT FORMULA UPDATE: for a list of temporary formula substitutions
Call Your Local Office –
During the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Current participants will continue to receive benefits
- New participants can call your local WIC clinic to apply.
For more info:
Interested in applying for the WIC Program in New Jersey?
Use the Participant Portal to determine if you may be eligible to receive WIC benefits.
Submit your information directly to your local agency team. The pre-screening will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Division Of Senior Services Units And Programs:
If you need help and you are:
- an adult 60 years of age or older
- an adult with a disability 18 years of age or older
- a family member – a caregiver – human services or healthcare professional
1. Call 201-336-7400 or 1-877-222-3737
– or –
2. If you would like a call from one of our Information and Assistance Specialists, please send an email to our Aging Specialists at
Don’t Miss: Affordable Senior Housing In Florida
How To Prepare For An Emergency
Bergen County Division of Senior Services supports and promotes diverse and inclusive communities, and does not discriminate based on age, color, creed, gender, gender identity, mental or physical disability, national origin, political affiliation, race, or sexual orientation in its provision of services or employment practices.
Services funded under the Bergen County Division of Senior Services Area Plan Contract are provided free of charge, but donations are accepted. Services will not be denied if a donation is not provided. Donations are used to expand services, programming, and outreach throughout Bergen County.
New Jersey Department Of Health
|55 North Willow Street, Trenton, New Jersey 08625
The New Jersey Department of Health is a governmental agency of the U.S. state of New Jersey. New Jersey’s State Board of Health was established in 1877. Its administrative functions were vested in the Department of Health, which was created in 1947. In 1996, the latter was renamed the Department of Health and Senior Services . In 2012, senior services programs moved back into the Department of Human Services, and DHSS again became the Department of Health.
Also Check: Is The Flex Card For Seniors Legit