Isheep 4g Big Button Senior Unlocked Cell Phone
The ISHEEP for seniors is very user-friendly. The keypad is large with big buttons so that you can type exactly what you want to. It comes with an SoS button that can be used in emergency cases. The screen is big and bright and the structure of phone is easily manageable.
It has a dock charger that makes it easier to charge. Just put your phone inside the dock without tackling with those wires. Its 800 mAh battery is long-lasting so that you dont run out of power.
Verizon Wireless Plans For Seniors
Verizon offers a wireless plan made specifically for seniors, the Verizon 55+ plan. This plan will give you unlimited talk, text, and data. It starts at $40 per month when you sign up for two lines. One sole line will cost $60 per month. Considering this plan also includes service to Mexico and Canada and unlimited mobile hotspot usage, this is a great deal. Unfortunately, this plan is currently available only to residents of Florida who are age 55 or older.
If you live elsewhere, then Id recommend their Verizon Start unlimited plan. Particularly if you need more than one line, this plan is a great deal, giving you the same features of the 55+ plan for as low as $30 per month. That said, just one line will cost you $70 per month.
Pro Tip: To learn more about ways to save with Verizon, be sure to check out our guide to senior phone discounts.
Motorola Moto G Stylus
Be ready to watch and hear your favorite shows and movies in their full glory, as this phone comes with a 6.4 HD display and dual stereo speakers. It also has a really cool 48 MP triple camera system, which allows you to take album-worthy photos of your friends, family, and pets. Its integrated stylus is perfect for those who prefer to write versus tap on the screen. Priced at $249.99, this device would pair really well with Verizons Play More Unlimited plan or the more affordable Verizon Start Unlimited.
Also Check: Dental Plans For Seniors On Medicare
What Is The Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a new program designed to provide additional support to make broadband more affordable for households.
Your Lifeline and ACP benefits can be combined and applies to the same service plan or applied to different service plans.
This benefit service is provided by Easy Wireless to customers as part of the support from the US government.
With the addition of the ACP seniors can also receive unlimited broadband as well. Seniors can apply for both programs at the same time.
Kyocera Duraxv Extreme E4810 16gb Verizon
- 100dB+ front-facing, dual loud speakers and dual-mic noise cancellation | HD voice for crystal clear calls | Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to 10 devices | 5MP auto-focus camera with LED flash and video recorder
- Customizable menu to set frequently used apps | Multiple programmable keys including SOS*, Push To Talk, Speaker key, Call List key, and 4-way navigation keys | Large font, tactile keypad and a clear display for superior readability | Headset jack includes an integrated camlock to securely fasten accessories to device
- Intelligent, compact and virtually indestructible, the ultra-rugged DuraXV Extreme performs under even the most challenging conditions.
- Military Standard 810G for dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, blowing rain, low pressure, solar radiation, salt fog, humidity, freeze-thaw and icing/freezing rain | Drop proof up to 5 ft. onto concrete | IP68 dust proof, waterproof up to 6.5 ft. up to 30 minutes | Non-Incendive, Class I, Division 2 hazardous location certification | Rubberized housing for secure hold and extra durability
- Fast 1.2GHz Quad-Core A53, 64-bit CPU | Large removable 1770mAh battery for full-day operation | Battery Care and ECO Modes optimize battery usage | 16GB ROM / 2GB RAM with expandable memory up to 512GB
Also Check: Help For Low Income Seniors
At& t Senior Cell Phone Plans
AARP members who are AT& T Wireless customers can save up to 10% on their talk and data plan monthly charges, as well as save 15% on eligible phone accessories. AARP members get:
- 10% off voice and data plan monthly charges.
- Up to $45 waived for activation or upgrade fees.
- Up to 15% off eligible phone accessories.
Phone Plans With Senior Discounts
Some phone plans offer discounts specifically to people who are over a certain age and/or have an AARP membership. Unfortunately, these plans arent always the best choice, even with the discount. Many plans with senior discounts have very limited minutes, no texting and no data. Still, there is one plan that offers a great senior discount with truly unlimited data.
- Best Unlimited Data Plan for Seniors:T-Mobile Magenta Max 55+
Flip Phone For Seniors 4g Tianhoo Senior Flip Phone Unlocked With Big Buttons Dual Card Gsm Lte Flip Phone For Elderly With Large Buttons Flip Cell Phone For Seniors
- Powerful Functions: Senior flip phone Unlocked with 4G dual card dual standby, WLAN, BT, GPS, FM, 3.5inch display, 5MP+2MP wide-angle camera, bright LED light. Our engineers always keep on updating software.
- Classic appearance design, flip phone for elderly accord with ergonomics, large buttons and arcs provide perfect hand feeling. The icon is large and clear, even for poor eyesight.
- With SOS button, you can quickly make calls, send messages and location information to the preset contacts when needed If you have any questions about the flip cell phone, please feel free to contact us.
- This senior cell phone does not bond to any plan, suitable for GMS 2G, WCDMA 3G and 4G LTE networks, suitable for AT& T 3G and virtual carriers using AT& T network like Tracfone, H2O, Straight Talk, Simple Mobile, etc. NOT for CDMA network.
- The flip phone for seniors includes easy charging dock, built-in whatsapp and skype, keep in touch at any time. Super Durable: 2000mAh large battery. Low power consumption: Standby â5 days, voice call â11 hours. Please fully charge the phone before using it for the first time.
Lg Accolade Vx5600 Phone Best For Battery
Last on the list is the LG Accolade VX5600, a Verizon basic that can meet your demand for a simple phone with standard function for seniors.
With the VX5600, you dont have to worry about charging your battery every night. It features a Lithium battery that can last up to 75 hours of talk time and 670 hours in standby mode. It is a Tmobile phone that can be used with prepaid plans or monthly plans.
The most noticeable feature of this basic phone is the sound quality. It possesses an integrated filtering system to minimize the background sounds for a clear and smooth voice. Moreover, the output speaker is relatively loud for those who are hard of hearing and does an excellent job of alarming.
When it comes to contact storage, the VX5600 is a beast with an incredible capacity of up to 1000 contacts. You can include 5 phone numbers and 2 emails for a person an even set them as a speed dial.
Why its suitable for seniors?
- Lightweight and modest dimension to carry around
- Excellent contact storage
- Classical keyboard with simple function
- 75 hours of talk time and 670 hours of standby mode
- Limited storage capabilities
- No media player included
The LG Accolade VX5600 is the best mobile phone for standard calling and messaging tasks. It is also suitable for seniors with a friendly interface and an enormous battery life.
You May Like: Always Best Senior Care Services
Free Cell Phones For Seniors Providers
Free phones for seniorsfree smartphones for seniorsTips for choosing the best Lifeline provider:
- Each state has many free cell phone providers, and you have to find out who serves your area.
- One of these companies may offer more free minutes or allow additional low-cost minutes. Compare the free cell phone companies in your area to get the best deal.
- Then you have to sign up for the lifeline program on this company website, or you can do that with mobile vendors at street fairs.
Also Check: Council On Aging Services For Seniors
Free Government Cell Phones
Verizon Wireless is authorized to participate in Lifeline and offers services in four states. This subsidized benefit makes phone services more affordable for many low-income families, as well as individuals. In most cases, the Lifeline discount provides phone and free minutes every month.
As with all program recipients, you must be a resident of one of the states listed above and currently participating in a government assistance program. You must also qualify financially according to the US Federal Poverty Guidelines. Lifeline is a federally-funded program giving discounts on cell and landline service for low-income residents.
With Verizon service you receive Voicemail, Caller ID, Call waiting, 3-way calling, Call forwarding.
Verizon, providers receive a $9.25 for each person enrolled in the program. In fact, $9.25 is the stipend amount the government gives the provider for each person who enrolls in the program. Verizon Wireless has not opted to give any additional benefits.
- Services are not transferable to another person
- When you run over your allotted time the charge is 45 cents per minute
- One Lifeline phone per household
- Applicants must provide two proof of identity and certify they are eligible to receive this benefit
- Violations of this rule will result in de-enrollment and banned from further Lifeline benefits
Free Government Cell Phones
You May Like: Temporary Assisted Living For Seniors
Cell Phone For Seniors 4g/lte Unlocked Tianhoo Senior Cell Phone Unlocked Dual Card Dual Standby Sos Button 4g Senior Phone Unlocked With Charging Dock Speaker
- Super Durable: 2000mAh large battery. Low power consumption. Standby â 5 days, voice call â11 hours. Please fully charge the phone before using it for the first time.
- Design: classic appearance design, accord with ergonomics, large buttons and arcs provide perfect hand feeling. The icon is large and clear, even for poor eyesight.
- Completely Warranty: Our engineers always keep on working for software update. If you have any questions about the senior cell phone, feel free to contact us. Please click our store name TIANHOO and then click”Ask a question”, we will reply you in 24 hours.
- This Unlocked 4G Cell Phone does not bond to any plan, suitable for GMS 2G, WCDMA 3G and 4G LTE networks, suitable for AT& T 3G and virtual carriers using AT& T network like Tracfone, H2O, Cricket, Straight Talk, Simple Mobile, etc. NOT for CDMA network.
- Powerful Functions: The cell phone for seniors unlocked is with dual card dual standby, WLAN, BT, GPS, FM, 3.5inch display, 5MP+2MP wide-angle camera, bright LED light. Our engineers always keep on working for software update.
At& t Unlimited 55+ Senior Plan
AT& T | Unlimited 55 Plus | $60/month or two lines for $80/month – AT& T’s feature-packed unlimited plan Like the Verizon promotion above, this deal is exclusively available for those who are over 55 and live in Florida. If you fit this criteria, you can get two unlimited data, calls, and text lines for just $80 a month or one for $60. You’ll be able to use your plan in the US, Mexico, and Canada, and 5G service is included at no extra cost. You can also text to more than 120 countries for free, and you’ll get spam and fraud call blocking. If you don’t live in Florida, AT& T’s regular unlimited plans are also a great choice.Pros: Unlimited 5G data Discount for Florida residents over 55Cons: Expensive Not available in other states
Read Also: Senior Software Engineer Salary Microsoft
The Best Verizon Cell Phones For Seniors
InVerizon offers plenty of senior-friendly smartphone options. With 4 in 10 seniors using smartphone devices,1 they need access to fast and reliable technology. For instance, 40 percent of seniors in the U.S. said they would be interested in using smartphone apps to manage their health and 2wellness, from monitoring medications to scheduling virtual doctor’s appointments. The smartphones from Verizon below can help seniors accomplish all of these tasks and more.
Samsung Galaxy A01
Samsung Galaxy A01
The Samsung Galaxy A01 retails for $149.99, which is an affordable choice for older adults looking for both basic and advanced features. When upgrading to a smartphone, there can be a learning curve. Fortunately, the Samsung Galaxy A01 makes it easy to switch.
FYI: Want a closer look at Verizon’s plans and our experience with the company? Visit our latest Verizon review.
Motorola Moto G Play
Motorola Moto G Play
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly smartphone, the Motorola moto g play may meet your needs. With an affordable retail prepay price of $149.99, this smartphone has up to 72 hours of usage time so you can watch movies with the grandkids, send emails, or video chat with friends. Plus, you can do it all on the ultra-wide 7.6-inch Max Vision HD+ display, which makes games, videos, and text appear sharper and larger. If you enjoy taking photographs of the grandkids, this smartphone has a 13 MP camera with phase detection and autofocus to capture crisp and clear pictures.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Fe
While Samsung phones arent made specifically for seniors, Samsung includes a simple feature. Dubbed Easy Mode, this setting is found on pretty much every modern Samsung device flagships, mid-range, and even budget offerings. Easy Mode enlarges the icons and puts pretty much everything within easy reach.
One of Samsungs best offerings right now is the Galaxy S21 FE. It has all the best specs and features we see in the Galaxy S21 series and comes with a very reasonable price point for a high-end smartphone. Senior citizens will enjoy a sleek design, superb performance, a gorgeous display, and more. More importantly, it also has Easy Mode.
Of course, youll have to enable Easy Mode first. Even if you arent particularly tech-savvy, enabling Easy Mode on a Samsung phone is not too tricky.
How to turn on Easy Mode on Samsung devices:
Recommended Reading: At& t Cell Phone Plans For Seniors
Consider Contracts Or Prepaid
Before buying a Verizon wireless phone check their plans and decide which one would best fit your needs. Decide whether you want to get a contract or if you would be more comfortable with a prepaid phone. Both options have their pros and cons and the decision comes down to the users preferences. However, generally speaking, prepaid phones provide more freedom, absence of cancellation fees, and are often cheaper.
Best Phone Plans And Devices For Seniors
Technology well suited for the 65+ crowd.
A growing number of seniors are embracing mobile tech. According to a Pew Research Center study more than three-fourths of the population 65 years and older have a cell phone. By jumping on the digital bandwagon seniors have found that they can stay better connected with loved ones, download their favorite content and reconnect with old friends.
With that in mind, here are some recommended phones, plans, and accessories for seniors who want to get the most out of whats available:
You May Like: T-mobile Deals For Seniors
Does Verizon Have A Package For Seniors
As of 2019, Verizon does not have a package specifically for seniors. However, they do have a few discounts that seniors may be eligible for. These include a discount for customers who are 65 or older, as well as a military discount.
Additionally, Verizon offers a variety of plans that can be customized to fit each customers needs so seniors can still find a plan that works for them, even if its not specifically marketed as a senior plan.
Further Insight Into Our Methodology
Like other mobile phones, cell phones for seniors come in many shapes and sizesit all depends on the persons needs. Flip and bar phones are almost always cheaper and have greater battery capacity, given their relative lack of battery-draining features. Smartphones, on the other hand, have larger screens and offer a number of helpful applications and settings for those who want to do more than just make calls and send texts. We also consider the kind of monitoring a phone offers.
After looking at a phone’s features, we consider a couple of additional traits. One of them is cost and coverage. We first consider whether the cell phone model is unlocked. Unlocked phones offer users a choice of carrier, which enables consumers to shop around for the best plan. However unlocked phones must generally be purchased upfront by the consumer, potentially making the total initial costs higher. We also look at how many carriers service each cell phone. Once we’re done with service plans, we look at a few more points regarding the cell phone’s cost.
Last but not least, we looked at customer support. Given how much older people depend on their phones, strong customer support and a solid consumer rating are highly important. Cell phones are everyday items and, in the case of an issue or malfunction, it is essential for companies to be able to provide answers and alternatives.
You May Like: Free Stuff For Senior Citizens From Government
Provide Instant Contact To Help With An Emergency Feature
Old-fashioned landlines provided emergency responders a quick way to locate anyone in need of help. Luckily, manufacturers and designers have figured out how to include that same connectivity in smartphones. The SOS Messages on Samsung phones, for example, allow you to send an emergency alert to four contacts simply by pressing the power button three times in a row.
Take a look at: The Samsung Galaxy Note10+ includes an S pen, helpful for a senior who wants to take handwritten notes and then digitally converted them.
Verizon Returns And Exchanges
You can return a wireless device or accessory within 14 days of purchase, but you may be subject to a $50 restocking fee. If Verizon has to remove an installed device, there will be a separate charge for that. Therefore, its best to thoroughly read the return policy before buying a device.
Military Discount:Veterans can also receive a discount on all Verizon plans by signing up through their website.
Don’t Miss: Affordable Senior Housing In Georgia