Verizon: Best Cell Phone Plan For Internet
Verizon currently offers only one type of cell phone plan for seniors, costing $60 for an individual line and $80 for two lines. This includes unlimited 4G LTE access, calls, and texts. There is also unlimited mobile hotspot hosting so every device in the household can have access to the Internet. You can also use the mentioned services in Mexico and Canada. Lastly, youll get DVD-quality streaming on your device.
Boost Mobile: Best Multi
If youre a senior or have folks with a geeky heart, Boost Mobiles Internet plan hits the right buttons for you. For starters, their unlimited plans go for $50 per line. This includes unlimited text, call, and 4G LTE data. This is the sweet deal for those who love scrolling down on their news feed or streaming videos on their phones. Enrolling another line will cost you $30 per line with a maximum of five lines. This will cost you around $170 for five lines within their network. The benefits are all the same within the five lines, thus making it one of the best cell phone plans you can get not just for seniors but the whole family as well.
At& T For Seniors Pros And Cons
AT& T Pros
- Plans from $25.99 per month: Starting at under $25 per month, AT& T is easily one of the most affordable wireless providers for seniors.
- Advanced devices: Being one of the nations largest cellular providers, AT& T offers just about any type of cell phone, from advanced iPhones to simple flip phones.
- Discounts for multiple lines: Nearly all of AT& Ts cellular plans come at discounted rates with each additional line of service you purchase.
- No data throttling: Unlike popular providers such as Mint Mobile, AT& T wont slow your data speeds after meeting usage thresholds.
- Discounts for AARP members: Regardless of the state you live in, AARP members can get 10% off their monthly bill when signing up for AT& Ts Unlimited Elite plan.
AT& T Cons
- Limited availability: AT& Ts Unlimited 55+ plans are currently only available to those with a Florida billing address. Similar to Verizon, AT& T requires seniors living outside of Florida to select other more costly unlimited plans.
- Higher up-front costs: While they come at lower monthly costs, AT& Ts prepaid plans must be paid in full at the onset, driving up your initial costs.
- Activation fees: Though not listed in the monthly price, most of AT& Ts plans require hidden fees for activation. However, these fees can sometimes be waived for AARP members.
Read Also: Senior Living Apartments In Las Vegas
How Can I Lower My At& t Cell Phone Bill
If you dont want to change carriers, heres a quick guide:
- Look around for less expensive plans from AT& T. The carrier introduces new offers regularly.
- Sign up for AutoPay and get a discount.
- Add additional phone lines to make the total amount per line lower.
- Find additional discounts, like through AARP if youre a senior.
Save Money On Your Internet Setup
Usually, youll have to pay $99 to set up your net AT& T Internet or AT& T Fiber connection. This covers the cost of sending a technician out to your home to install the router and get you online.
However, it is possible to waive this fee by carrying out the setup yourself . And dont worry, its not as complicated as you might think. All you need to do is plug in the router and contact AT& T to have it activated.
You can find the instructions for the process online and if you do get stuck, AT& T has a helpline that you can reach out to.
Recommended Reading: Activities To Do With Seniors
At& t’s Alternative Unlimited Plan
AT& T | Value Plus Plan | $50/month | Best AT& T plan for seniors outside of Florida If you live outside of Florida, you’ve still got options for a low-cost unlimited data plan from AT& T. The carrier’s Value Plus Plan costs just $50 a month, but offers unlimited data on top of unlimited talk and text. The catch is that AT& T only offers this option with one line of data couples are out of luck. There are some other restrictions as well namely no hotspot data but you do get 5G coverage with this plan.Pros: Unlimited data for just $50 No residency requirementCons: Limited to just one line Limited perks
At& T Unlimited 55+ Plan For Florida Residents
With rates per line ranging from $40 to $60 per month, AT& T offers this unlimited plan for the 55-and-over crowd that comes with unlimited talk, text, and data. So you can check in on Facebook, search for local businesses, and receive pictures of the grandkids while youre out and about. The AT& T Unlimited 55+ plan is an excellent choice for older adults who use their phones frequently throughout the day. The Unlimited 55+ plan also features unlimited talk, text, and data in Canada and Mexico. Plus, youll get free texting in over 120 countries, perfect for frequent travelers.
Buyers Tip: AT& T offers perks like $100 in credits per line when you switch to AT& T, up to $45 in savings on activation and upgrade fees, and 15 percent off accessories for AARP members. You can also get benefits like same-day delivery and giveaways when you become an AT& T customer.
While currently only available to Florida residents, we hope this plan will be expanded to other areas soon. Like other AT& T unlimited plans, consumers are rewarded for having multiple lines, so the more lines you have, the lower rates per line youll pay.
You May Like: Reduced Property Taxes For Seniors
Know Your Area And Which Carrier Runs On Which Networks
To get the best deal, you need to make sure you have the coverage that you need. Cutting costs won’t help if it means the service won’t work.
The complex geographic variables across the US make it hard for us to give a blanket recommendation of any one carrier. T-Mobile’s service in New York may be excellent, but if you’re in rural Iowa, Verizon could be more reliable.
While your mileage may vary, the good news is that these networks are growing and improving all the time, particularly as the three major players continue race to blanket the US with 5G. It’s quite possible that, a decade ago, you left a network complaining about its sparse service, but now it’s been beefed up because of that race to acquire customers.
If you know any friends or family in your area that already use the carrier you’re considering, ask about their experience. You could also go to a carrier’s store and see if they offer any free ways to try out the service before switching over, such as T-Mobile’s Network Pass. Using Visible’s similar program, you can try out its parent company Verizon’s network while AT& T’s Cricket just added its own version that lets you sample its service for two weeks.
We have a list of a few of the major alternative providers and which networks they run on broken down here. Now, onto the picks.
What About Cable Companies
Xfinity Mobile, Spectrum Mobile and Optimum Mobile could be options, depending on where you live. Xfinity Mobile and Spectrum Mobile each use Verizon’s network while Optimum uses T-Mobile.
To get these deals you need to have an internet package from the respective provider. As for the value, expect that to vary. Xfinity recently matched Spectrum’s plans with unlimited talk/text/data at either provider now running $45 a month for a single line. At both cable companies that rate drops to $30 per line, per month for two or more lines .
If you have more than four lines, each additional line at Xfinity is $20 per line, per month .
Optimum Mobile is in a similar boat, with a single line running $45 a month and four lines running $30 per line, per month.
But these prices require you to have home service from these providers. If you cancel your cable service expect the bill to jump.
If you cut the cord and ditch Xfinity’s home services, each mobile line will cost an additional $25 per month, per line. For a family of four, that will jack your monthly bill from $120 a month to $220.
You May Like: Car Rental Discounts For Seniors
At& t Senior Plans 2021
Talk Minutes – AT& T Plans for seniorsWhat you get?
- Also, check out the competitive Verizon nationwide 65 plus plan
Notes:AT& T Senior nation 200 Plan Calling Features
- Free voicemail.
AT& T Senior nation 200 Plan CostAT& T Senior Nation 200 Messages Plan
- You can get unlimited text messages for $20 per month or pay 20 cents per message, 30 cents per multimedia message.
- Also, you can get an international texting plan to more than 200 countries for $10 per month.
AT& T Senior Nation 200 Data Plan
- AT& T senior nation 200 data plans start as little as $25 for 2 GB a month the data overage fee is $10 per GB.
- For heavy internet users who like music and video streaming, we prefer to go for the 4.5 GB plan for only $45 per month. The data overage fee is $10 per GB.
At& t Unlimited 55+ Plan
If youre over the age of 55 and reside in the state of Florida, you qualify for the AT& T Unlimited 55+ Plan. With this plan, customers get two lines with unlimited talk, text, and data for $40 per month per line. With many other wireless companies charging upward of $60 per month for unlimited data, this offer is a great one for Florida residents. We cant wait for it to expand to other states.
Recommended Reading: West Hills Village Senior Residence
At& t: Overall Best Cell Phone Plan For Seniors
AT& T has two major offerings for seniors: the AT& T Unlimited 55+ and AT& T Senior Nation plans. The Senior Nation plan is the most basic offering of AT& T. It has 200 minutes of any time calls, unlimited calls to AT& T Mobility subscribers, and 500 minutes of Night & Weekend calls. If your calls go over the allotted time, you will be charged $0.45 per minute. It has call forwarding, call waiting, nationwide long distance calls and roaming, caller ID, and conference calling. This plan is specially made by AT& T for seniors aged 65 and above.
But if you have tech-savvy folks, there is another plan available. The AT& T Unlimited 55+ offers 5G at no extra costs, unlimited texting, calling, and surfing within the US, Mexico, and Canada, free texts to more than 120 countries, and mobile security features such as blockage of spam and fraud calls. This will cost you around $60 for one line and $80 for two. Florida residents can avail of a $20 discount on its offers, making you pay just $40 for one line.
There is one more cell phone plan to consider, but it is better for American Association of Retired Persons members than regular seniors the AT& T Unlimited Elite Plan. AARP members get to enjoy a $10 additional discount on it. This plan comes with unlimited surfing, 30 GB of mobile hotspot, mobile security features, and a free HBO Max subscription.
Enjoy Our Best Value On A Cell Phone Plan
If youre looking for the best overall value for your plan, you might want to consider AT& T Unlimited ExtraSM. This plan provides unlimited data, talk, and text, along with up to 15GB on your own wireless hotspot and access to our 5G network.5 You get all this for $40 per month for each line when you buy a family plan with 4 lines and include discounts for AutoPay and paperless billing .6
After 50GB, AT& T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy.
- What is Unlimited Your WaySM?With Unlimited Your Way, you can pick a plan for each line on your account. All plans include unlimited talk, text & data, AT& T 5G, and AT& T ActiveArmorSM security. Plan choices for each line differ based on price and included features like hotspot data and 4K UHD so you can get a perfect match for each family member.
- Can I get AT& T unlimited plans if I have an AT& T Installment Plan, no commitment, a 2-year contract, or if I bring my own device?Yes. You can get the AT& T Unlimited Premium, AT& T Unlimited Extra® or AT& T Unlimited Starter® plans with any device agreement type.
- What is premium data?Premium data provides superior service up to the allotted limit on each line during a bill cycle .
You May Like: Care.com Jobs Senior Care
Why Should You Ask For At& t Senior Discount
Seniors usually think twice before spending due to limited income. This is why many telecom companies offer senior discounts to help seniors stay connected with their loved ones.
AT& T happens to be a major US carrier that provides discounted plans in case the age of the subscriber is more than 65 years. Most of the network providers offer a discounted version of the standard unlimited plan of their company, and AT& T is no exception to that.
With senior discount plans, AT& T helps seniors to save some cash on their monthly phone bills. Senior citizens who have subscribed to this company will also be able to receive a lucrative discount of 10% on any of the plans of the carrier using their AARP membership.
Does At& T Have Business Wireless Plans
Whether youre a small business, large organization, or somewhere in between, AT& T has a wireless business plan suitable for your needs. Their fast 5G coverage helps you stay connected across all your electronic devices, and they even feature mobile workforce tools like data backup, online fax, email marketing and more.
You May Like: Senior Citizen Discounts Movie Theaters
Tracfone Wireless: Best Prepaid Cell Phone Plan For Seniors
Lastly, theres TracFone Wireless. It is a prepaid service that is just as flexible as the other cell phone plans for seniors already mentioned here. The only difference is it is prepaid, meaning you pay the services upfront, without any bills that will arrive on a given date. Once youve consumed all the credit, you will need to top-up again for your desired plan.
For $20, youll get unlimited texting, calling, and 1 GB of data. Just add $5 for an additional 1 GB of data. This plan is already desirable for those who only need the most essential phone services such as calling and texting.
How To Find The Best Senior Cell Phone Plan For You
As you consider the best plans, ask yourself:
- Do you enjoy chatting on the phone for hours or prefer brief check-ins with your family and friends?
- Do you like to travel or do you have family living abroad?
- Do you have a smartphone and like to watch videos or play games?
- Do you video chat frequently with your family?
- How important is cost?
Based on your answers, you can narrow down the type of cell phone plan that will best match whats important to you. For example, if you have a smartphone and you video chat often with your family and play games on your mobile device, an unlimited data plan would likely be a good match.
Recommended Reading: Long Beach Senior Arts Colony
What Is The Best Senior Phone Plan On At& t
Looking for a senior cell phone plan? You’re in the right place. If you go with one of the big three carriers, you’re looking at spending around $70-$80.
You can find much cheaper options through an AT& T MVNO. These are low-cost carriers that are powered by the AT& T network.
Phone plans for seniors come in all shapes and sizes with a low-cost carrier. You can half the price of the big guys and still find unlimited talk and text, plus a generous set-data allowance. Additional features like WiFi calling, mobile hotspot or visual voicemail are also available at a much cheaper rate.
You can save $600 per year, per line by switching over to a low-cost carrier. At MoneySavingPro we’ve analyzed the best cheap plans out there for features and value.
Let’s take a closer look at the best AT& T senior plans.
- $5/mo** 66% Off for 3 Months
Boost Mobile 5GB plan includes unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 5GB data for only $5 per month. Boost Mobile plans offer wireless coverage on the AT& T 5G and 4G LTE network. To learn more about why this is one of the best cell phone plans, check out MoneySavingPro’s Boost Mobile review
Nationwide coverage on AT& T& T-Mobile
5G & 4G LTE data speeds
Buy online and no credit checks
Bring your own phone
- $15/mo** 50% Off for 3 Months
Good2Go Mobile Unlimited Talk & Text
Nationwide coverage on AT& T& T-Mobile
5G & 4G LTE data speeds
Buy online and no credit checks
Bring your own phone
At& t Senior Plan Features
- 4G LTE data speeds: Since AT& T MVNOs are all powered by the AT& T network, you’ll pay less without sacrificing speed.
- Unlimited talk and text messaging: Finding a new unlimited plan has never been easier. Virtually all small carriers include unlimited text and calls in their plan options. Compare cheap talk and text plans with or without data.
- International calls to Canada and Mexico: International calling is a must for many people. Luckily MVNOs offer some of the best international phone plans, with free calling to certain countries like Canada and Mexico, and discounted rates on others.
- Multiline discounts: Low-cost carriers also offer some of the cheapest family cell phone plans, with multi-line discounts.
- Wi-Fi calling: This feature is handy when you’re out of your service area, allowing you to make calls over the internet instead of on your cellular connection.
- Tethering/hotspot data: Many low-cost carriers allow you to use your phone as a hotspot. Pick an MVNO with the best mobile hotspot plans so you can share your mobile hotspot data with other devices.
- HD video streaming: Just like the big guys, some MVNOs offer HD video streaming and some don’t. Read the fine print to find the option you want.
You May Like: Royal Canin Senior Cat Food